5 reasons why you should drink soy milk
Some of you may not know that soy milk has nothing to do with conventional milk, it is dairy-free. It is similar to cow’s milk, but it has organic origins and is suitable for vegetarians.
Here are some of the reasons why you should include soy milk in your diet:
1. Soy milk is rich in calcium and iron. These two minerals are very important for women: calcium strengthens your bones and teeth, while iron is vital for production of hemoglobin that enriches blood cells with oxygen.
2. Soy beans contain lots of protein which is an essential element for healthy skin and hair. The vegetable protein in soy milk has all the important amino acids that we normally get from meat: one standard glass of soy milk contains about 8 grams of protein.
3. Soy milk is a perfect option for those who suffer from lactose intolerance. It is easily digestible and has very few calories – that’s why it’s an ideal element of a healthy diet. Like cow’s milk it can be used to make bread, soups, mayonnaise. The good thing about soy milk is that it doesn’t lose its nutritional properties after being processed or boiled.
4. Soy milk contains isoflavones, special antioxidants that help the skin preserve collagen. Normally as we age our skin loses collagen and becomes thinner and less elastic due to this process. Collagen helps to prevent wrinkles and fine lines; it gives our skin softness and luster.
5. Soy milk is good for those who have heart problems, because it doesn’t contain saturated fats, unlike cow’s milk. Unsaturated fatty acids found in soy beans are able to reduce bad cholesterol, protect us from heart disease and strengthen blood vessels.